Spring Native Installable JavaFX application template
Snifx is a starter for developing Desktop Java FX applications with Spring. Deployable as ZIP(all platforms) or as OS native installers for Windows(exe, msi), Linux(rpm, deb) and MacOS(dmg, pkg, app).
- Frontend in JavaFX
- Backend in Spring core and Spring context (validated with 4.x and 5.x)
- A Spring component is a JavaFX component at the same time
- Packages as ZIP (java -jar ...) - Maven plugin in POM
- Creates native OS installers (supports JRE bundle) - Maven plugin in POM
- Contains a starter JavaFX controller(it is also a Spring component)
- Contains some basic UI components
- i18n ready - examples in English, French, German and Russian
- Provides a default skin with sample images for styled buttons(OK, Cancel, etc.)
- Application state if needed is under user's home directory
- Open-source and completely Free!
The project can be compiled, packaged and installed on any OS that supports JDK with JavaFX. Usually JavaFX APIs are available as a fully integrated feature of the Java SE Runtime Environment and the Java Development Kit. See your version of JDK - ex. Oracle, OpenJDK.
Example Snifx usage:
is an application built on top of Snifx. Packaged as a ZIP for all platforms with Java. Also provides native installers for Windows(exe), Linux(deb, rpm) and MacOS(dmg, pkg). Option to select installers with or without JRE bundle.